Wednesday, March 14, 2012

south by southwest by caveman...

"This is only a test...were this an actual blog, you'd be getting more out of it"

From gate B12-
I took the 400 dollar voucher, the 1st class upgrade, and
the 18 bucks in food coupons and ran to the dee-lux digs of the comfort inn airport. Not to disparage the establishment, but you get what you pay for. I aint sayin', just sayin', you know what I'm sayin'? The highlight of the place was the free toothbrush/toothpaste. My dopp kit is already IN Texas...
The Caveman conference - - urrrrgghh, Grok click here --  seemed like a great way to go until I found that hotel rooms were 300 DOLLARS A NIGHT. Turns out, it is also the week of South by Southwest, one of the biggest music/technology/arts festivals in the US.
Just the music schedule is intimidating- see? --
Last time I was in 1st class, it was only because I was terribly ill, and noticed a flight attendant took pity on me. Today, I already noted that I had a bit of my own 'tude just because there was a little delay getting we first classers on the plane...interesting what even the "backdoor" to privilege does to us, hm? Do those with BS "higher status" come to expect special treatment? Moreover, do they get it? There are better snacks in 1st class--


Fortunately, I won't be in that echelon often, anyhow! More later--1) Staying with Gammy, Deb's mom, saving me that 300 DOLLARS A NIGHT! Yes! 2) Hopeful foreshadowing of a fun night--"If it's not Scottish it's CRAP!"
JB

3 comments:

  1. Have fun, where ever you are. Where are you? Cowboy hat shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear doctorcatfish, please keep writing. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paleo? Really? I thought it was just the latest diet fad. Should i be paying attention?

    ReplyDelete